Carol A. Dillon
Carol A. Dillon joined Bleeke Dillon Crandall in 2005. Carol concentrates her practice in medical malpractice defense, correctional healthcare litigation, and general insurance defense. She has tried cases in both federal and state court and argued before the Indiana Court of Appeals and the U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit. Carol has been named to the Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers Magazine consistently from 2010 to 2017.
While Carol represents all types of medical providers in malpractice claims, the bulk of her practice for the last several years has been representing medical providers in Indiana’s jails and prisons. These cases are often complex, as they involve medical malpractice claims but also Constitutional and civil rights claims.
Carol is a member of the Indianapolis Bar Association and the Defense Research Institute. She is also a volunteer attorney for the Animal Legal Defense Fund. She has spoken at the National Commission on Correctional Healthcare’s annual meeting and does regular risk management seminars for her correctional healthcare clients. To listen to one of Carol's oral arguments before the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, click here.
Carol Dillon recently argued before the Indiana Supreme Court on an important area of law regarding vicarious liability in medical malpractice cases. To hear Carol’s argument, click here.
Carol graduated from Hanover College in 2002 with a B.A. in Political Science. To learn more about Carol personally, please see Carol’s personal page.
Areas of Practice
- General-liability Insurance Defense
- Medical Malpractice
- Indiana University at Bloomington School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Hanover College, B.A., Political Science, 2002
- Co-author, "Mediation Confidentiality: Myth and Misnomer," Spring/Summer 2006
- "Insurance Fraud, Good Faith Claims Handling: What You Need to Know," Insurance Institute of Indiana, International Association of Special Investigation Units, National Society of Professional Insurance Investigators, and the Indiana Department of Insurance
- "Good Faith Claims Handling: What You Need to Know," 42 U.S.C. Section 1983 Civil Rights Claims in Houston, Texas
Honors and Awards
- Rising Stars, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2010-2017
- Top Brief Writer for the Moot Court Competition
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
Pro Bono Activities
- Animal Legal Defense Fund, Local Lawyer Volunteer