Experienced and Accomplished Indianapolis Medical Malpractice Defense Attorneys
Medical malpractice lawsuits can threaten a medical professional's career or tarnish the reputation of a hospital, clinic or other health care entity. If you face a malpractice lawsuit, it is essential to put experienced legal counsel in your corner.
Attorney Jim Bleeke of Bleeke Dillon Crandall in Indianapolis has provided aggressive and accomplished medical malpractice defense counsel for more than 30 years. Our other founding partners, Carol Dillon and Jeb Crandall, have extensive experience in defending correctional care cases and a broad range of other medical and nursing claims. For more than 20 years, Richard Moore has been defending claims against nursing homes and other long-term care facilities, in addition to malpractice claims against physicians. All of our litigation attorneys have handled medical malpractice cases before Indiana's medical review panels as well as in jury trials. We have represented physicians, dentists, nurses, hospitals, surgery centers, nursing homes and other health care entities. We are also privileged to represent the Indiana Department of Insurance in claims seeking awards from the Indiana Patients Compensation Fund.
We represent medical professionals, hospitals and other medical entities throughout Indiana and in several other states in these highly complex cases.
We Have the Resources to Win Complex Cases
These cases are high-stakes affairs that frequently involve aggressive and experienced attorneys representing the plaintiffs. Bleeke Dillon Crandall has the type of resources that produce strong legal defense arguments. This includes ready access to a deep bench of highly respected medical specialists who can testify on behalf of our clients.
In cases involving medical questions that are controversial or where a question of proper technique exists, corroborative testimony from a medical professional with special insight into a particular procedure can be extremely persuasive. Medical Review Panel members often are less willing to be critical of a colleague when it also requires disagreeing with a recognized expert in the field.
We represent clients in a wide range of medical malpractice cases, including:
- Emergency medicine — Representing emergency room physicians, emergency medical technicians and related health care providers throughout Indiana
- Neonatology — Navigating the subtle nuances of care in neonates and premature infants who may be more susceptible to medical complications
- Correctional medicine — Addressing the unique challenges of providing medical care in prisons and jails
- Airway injuries — Cases involving emergency tracheal intubations and damages caused or related to breathing
- Neurological injuries — Cases involving brain-damaged infants and adults, impairment of the nervous system from electrical shock and other trauma resulting in reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) and complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
- Reprocessed medical devices — Representing medical providers and reprocessers in cases involving the FDA-approved cleaning, repair and re-sterilization of used medical equipment
Medical malpractice cases are among the most complex in the judicial system. It has been our experience that a high percentage of cases can be successfully defended without the need to present the case to a medical panel or a jury.
If you face a medical malpractice lawsuit, you need a law firm in your corner that has extensive experience and understands how to formulate the best possible defense. Contact us to schedule a consultation in which we can review your case and recommend the best course of action.